Monday, September 16, 2013

RIM FIRE UPDATE, Sept. 16th, 7:15 a.m.

I'm liking the numbers below and, as you must know, the fire is definitely on the wane.  I will continue to post updates that contain current or new news until it is 100% contained and OUT.  Every few days I'll also still post roadway updates.  I've become rather addicted to my daily checking and reporting.


Current Situation

Total Personnel1,791
Size256,169 acres
Percent Contained84%
Estimated Containment DateFriday September 20th, 2013 approx. 12:00 AM
Fuels InvolvedBrush, Oaks, and Pine, conifer stands
Fire BehaviorFire behavior during the night shift hours was limited to creeping and smoldering.

Outlook

Planned ActionsResources will continue to patrol the fire perimeter. Implementation of the Suppression Repair Plan will continue.
Growth PotentialHigh
Terrain DifficultyExtreme



Current Weather

Wind Conditions29 mph SW
Temperature78 degrees
Humidity23%




(This blogging platform does not let me put my signature where I want it sometimes!!!)    Let's try again.................Weird!  Have a great week.






No comments:

Post a Comment