Wednesday, September 4, 2013

DOZERS ARE BACK IN MI WUK

Around 10 a.m. today I heard a familiar sound in our 'back forty'............squeek, rattle, rattle, groan, crunch, crunch.  Grabbed my iPhone (camera) and up the hill I went. 

The dozer driver radioed to his supervisor that there was a "lady out here taking pictures" so his supervisor, from Cal Fire in Mariposa, walked down through the forest and filled me in.  (1) Watch for boulders that the dozer might knock loose!   (2) The dozer is working on the erosion control portion of the dozer lines that were created.  He's moving some of the shrubbery and slash evenly across the dozer swath to hold the dirt from running down the hill.  It was my understanding earlier that angular berms would be positioned across the dozer lines too, to direct water runoff once the rains come.

Anyway, here are some iPhone shots behind the Lama-Hisum area, near the water tanks belonging to the Mi Wuk Heights Mutual Water District.  I was intrigued with the sun rays on the dust!  The gravel road in the last photo belongs to the Water District.
















No comments:

Post a Comment