Sunday, September 1, 2013

CHIEF FULLER DAY / SPAGHETTI DINNER

I'll have more photos to share from the Spaghetti Dinner when I can download them from my visiting cousin's camera, but in the meantime, here are the few shots I have from yesterday's events.

Again, I want to thank those who attended the dinner, took advantage of 'take out', who donated to "the Boot" and with whom I had a chance to talk.  You all made the 'effort' so worthwhile and I loved the buzz of positive energy.

The U.S. Forest Service set in an information table and sandwich board at Chief Fuller Day and was there to talk with interested residents.

That's it for Chief Fuller Day photos!   Now onto the Spaghetti Dinner.  As you might or might not know, I was a participant at the Chief Fuller Day, having a booth for my stamping business.  My sister came up from Santa Rosa and helped me out which was a godsend since I was back and forth to the fire station throughout the day.   I was (still am) Chairman of the Spaghetti Dinner at the Mi Wuk/Sugar Pine Fire Station!  Wearing both hats kept me very busy.  Today is a day for just breathing without a care about an upcoming event!  The participation of the public at the Spaghetti Dinner was so incredibly heartwarming.  Our fire department, as well the the 5000 + mutual aid support team personnel who have descended upon our community, are so appreciated and you the community support was obvious. 

These few photos are just a slight representation:





Our first diner.



 Blog readers and new friends, Bill & Sandy, with friends Mark and Beth behind them.  How badly did my memory butcher your names???  I was on 'overload' for sure.


 Chief Larry Crabtree in his comfy street clothes, talking with a Cal Fire guy.  

 The check in table.  Pay, get utensils and plate, and enjoy.....
 
Overview of the crowd.  Neighbors Greg & Trish's backs are in the center closeup. They took their take-out plates to Music in the Park in Twain Harte.

I hope to have move photos later today.  It's nice to have a little break from the intensity of the fire.

For those who could attend, THANK YOU SO MUCH.  It was nice to see so many community members as well as those who were just driving up or down the road.  The Fire Department got a nice dose of the respect and pride we have for them.  I should also give a shout out to Capt. Drew Collier and the two interns (Jake and Randy -- I don't know their 'formal titles') who were front and center for any help the Auxiliary needed.  And finally, the MWSPFPD Auxiliary Members.  They were on their stations everywhere: kitchen (salad, bread), the serving line, floaters to help as needed, cashiers........  And especially my husband Russ and MAHA President Mike Welch for being front and venter and 6 a.m. to get the sauce going.  They were there to the 'bitter' end.  One more:  Dale and John for taking on the task of stirring the sauce pots from noon and 4 p.m. so it didn't stick to the bottom of the pots and burn.  AWESOME!

Thank you to Cover's Apple Ranch in Tuolumne for donating a flat of heirloom tomatoes for our salad.  They tasted like tomatoes are supposed to taste.  And FYI, 20 pounds of onions (chopped at my house), 5 cases of that delicious Pugli(ese) sour dough bread, a jar of chopped garlic, and a about 5 cups of miscellaneous herbs were a part of our meals.  Lots of other ingredients (like tomato products, lettuces, sausage) but those are the fun ones.






No comments:

Post a Comment