Saturday, March 31, 2012

YES, IT'S SNOWING IN MI WUK. AND SUGAR PINE. AND TWAIN HARTE.

And on down to Standard Road as of 3 p.m. on Saturday.  I don't know how low it went later in the afternoon.  I took these photos, on my iPhone, as I was leaving town.

Heading toward the 4-way stop sign on Lama-Hisum Road


Check out the new stop sign at the Mi Wuk-Sugar Pine Fire Station!  Installed on Friday, March 30th.


 Closer view of the new Fire Station sign.


Just below Confidence Road, heading towards Twain Harte


Just beyond upper Twain Harte turn off.  I was loving the clouds settling on our area.


Four-land, headed towards the Soulsbyville light.  More clouds on the ground. 


Soulsbyville light.


 The tin man has snow on his Easter finery.



And above is what we can expect for the next few days.  You can click here to go to the National Weather Service page for our area or this is the exact link:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=38.08052761936274&lon=-120.18562316894531&site=sto&smap=1&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

If you're coming up to Mi Wuk from the valley or Bay Area, carry chains.  The CHP was in full force this afternoon.  I'm sure the chain requirement is Twain Harte or lower tonight.  I won't be home for several days but I'll have my sweetie let me know what conditions are so I can get them posted.

From MyMotherlode.com:
The National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning for the Sierra Nevada through Sunday 7 AM.

One inch of snow accumulation is expected at 2500 feet. Three to eighteen inches of snow is likely above 3000 feet.

Winds of fifteen to thirty mph are likely, with gusts reaching up to fifty mph over the higher elevations.


Be safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment