Saturday, February 12, 2011

"WEATHER" IS COMING

I have some great news to share with you later in this post, but first I want to be sure you are all aware that we are finally going to get a change in the January/February weather here in the Motherlode.

Paraphrasing a link I cannot get to work:  we'll be getting wind, rain and snow next week.

Where'd I get the information??  Well.......  Rene Stilwell, a long time Mi Wuk Village homeowner and part time resident, has been working on a static website for us for about 5 months, as a university final project.  And yesterday, it made its debut.  You can find our MiWukVillage website here: 

http://www.miwukvillage.org/

Click on the weather tab and scroll down to the NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE ALERTS for more information about next week's weather.  

Be sure to check it all out, including the tabs below the pictures.  The website and this blog will operate in tandem:  the blog will have daily events: weather, activities, chit chat, photos and the website will hold information on pages that the blog cannot handle, such as Mi Wuk Area General Information Phone Numbers, maps, and more.

We are truly 21st Century now!  And thank you Rene for being the technical guru that I am not.  As they say, "it takes a village".


















    


1 comment:

  1. I am still trying to figure out how to post a comment on this blog....but i wanted to tell you how much i appreciate the info you provide. I am particularly interested in the weather reports and power outage info.

    I plan on coming up to MiWuk this long weekend but I am worried about the snow. If there are only a few inches, I can handle it but anything more than that could be a nightmare. My partner in our Sugar Pine getaway is disabled - mobility impaired. Getting into and out of the house through the snow is particularly challenging. Nevertheless, the reward of just spending a few days in the sierras is worth it.

    Stay warm

    ReplyDelete