Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I just had an email from a blog reader, Dana, homeowner at  Odd Fellows/ Sierra Park in Long Barn.  She asked about where the evacuation warning is, as in Bull Creek.  Below is part of my response to her.  I felt that this was a question probably wondered about my more than just one individual.

Dana's question: "Can you tell me where the evacuation warning is  (bull creek etc)?  Is that on the 108 side of the fire?"

My response:

I'm going to look up Bull Creek and get back to you.  I'm pretty sure it's along Hwy 120, near Yosemite.   YES, I just checked and to the best of my knowledge, Bull Creek is beyond Groveland towards Yosemite, south side of Hwy 120.

The advisory evacuation for us is from Pinecrest to Coffill Road.  The fire is about 6-7 miles from the Hwy 108 corridor.  I know the fire fighters are doing everything they can to hold the containment lines where they are, directing the fire east into Emigrant Wilderness and granite.

If you check out the photo below, the little green mountain image about an "inch" below the letter 'n' in InciWeb is Mount Elizabeth.  The square to the right is approximately Mi Wuk.  These tags are place on the map by general public, not me!  :)  The outside-most red lines are the perimeters of the fire.  You can see the granite area on the upper right.





End of my comments and photo sent to Dana via email.     I tried not to speculate or come up with "I think........" on my own, preferring to rely on official sources but I'm fairly confident of my comments above.  If you know otherwise, please let me know!  I want 100% accuracy to maintain my reputation!  :)

Have a safe day.  To those of us who are on advisory evacuation notice:  Is your car/vehiclel packed and ready to go with 1/2 hour notice?  If not, it should be.  Please get busy and make it easy for those officials (sheriffs etc) who are trying their best to keep us safe.







No comments:

Post a Comment