Monday, August 26, 2013

DOZER BEHIND OUR HOUSE! 11 a.m. Monday.

We are on the fringe of Mi Wuk, , Lama-Hisum Road, below the Mi Wuk Heights Water District tanks and on the Forest boundary. Just over an hour ago I began to hear the wonderful clanking and groaning of a bull dozer.  It's purpose is to create another fire break, this one, 6-8 blade widths wide.  I walked out via our little trail to the fire road.  Met up with John, from one of the strike teams.  He and his crew are from Roseville.



Telephoto, up behind our house.

 Striker crew, Ryan, Joe, and John with their rig on Tiasmu Court, sort of next door to us.

 
Yip!  It's me with the crew: Ryan, John, Blythe, Joe.  Crew Chief John is on the other side of rig.



Yes, it's dusty.  Yes, it fabulous to know the crew is RIGHT THERE, protecting our "back yard". 
I'll go up and take more photos after they leave the immediate area.  I understand visibility isn't too good from the dozer cab and I don't want to get in his way!

If you have photos of crews, rigs, etc, please send them to me and I'll post them.  They are an important part of our real world.

COMMUNITY BRIEFING THIS AFTERNOON, 4 P.M.
WORD OF LIFE FELLOWSHIP
 


1 comment:

  1. Blythe: Do you know of any activity around Hekeke & Palapeta?
    Thanks for your blog. It's been especially helpful to have that "first person" perspective.

    ReplyDelete