Sunday, August 18, 2013

HAVE FUN AND MAKE SOMEONE'S DAY

If you will be in the Mi Wuk Village area tomorrow, Monday, August 19th, and would like to join a few of your neighbors in doing a great deed, come on over to my house between 
10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

You may or may not know that I'm a Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I teach rubber stamp art including cards, scrapbooking (traditional and digital) as well as classes in my home and at the Mi Wuk Library.  During each year I accumulate many sample cards.  For the past two years I've been gathering friends to help me convert these samples to full cards.  Tomorrow we'll be converting these hand-stamped "card fronts" into full greeting cards that will be sent to two organizations:
  • Operation Write Home:  cards are sent to our troops wherever there is a need for them to send home to their family members.
  • JW House in Santa Clara:  This is the respite house that took Russ and me in for 5 nights while Russ's son Jeff was in the hospital.  They provided everything we needed, especially quiet and warm welcoming arms.  This will be the second 'load' of cards I will be taking to them.  The cards will be used by families who are staying in JW House while their child is in the hospital for an extended period of time.
There are more!

As a thank you to you for helping me out (I have hundreds of card fronts!) you may take home cards of your choice for sending to your friends and family members.  For every 25 cards you convert, you may choose 4 cards for your personal use.

Please bring a bag lunch (we have the necessary conveniences for  warming something).  I'll provide beverages and a dessert type item like cookies or ???

Please call me (209-586-1962) or send me an email (blythek@mac.com) for directions.

Don't be shy!  If you can glue one layer to another you are more than qualified to help me out and enjoy a loving day of knowing you're making a difference.   That was our Convention theme this year:  Making a Difference.  It's so easy to make a difference in a person's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment