Friday, December 2, 2011

HIGH WINDS AND NO POWER IN THE MOTHERLODE

As I drove home late Thursday afternoon I dealt with strong winds all the way from Dublin.  Once in Mi Wuk I saw one home on Lama Tamalin Road with a gaping hole in its roof and accompanying power lines dangling low over the road.  They had already been marked with streamers so that tall trucks (like maybe PG&E?) would see them.

With the help of our generator we saw this on the evening news:

This is the Twain Harte Family Dentistry Office which was sliced in half (!!) by a falling tree.  Miraculously and thankfully, although the tree fell within inches of a patient, Dr. Grossman reported that no one was injured! I think my husband's upcoming appointment will be moved back a few weeks.  Can you imagine???

Check out this link to a FOX 40 (all I could find on line) video review of the office.  You'll have to get beyond a commercial (ugh) to get to 'the news'.  Just stick with it.  And if you're using WildBlue Satellite internet it'll be a slow connection.

Let me know if you had some damage or an interesting story on your property that can be shared here.  Although the trees are still swaying, it's not nearly as bad as yesterday.

The report from the 1-800-743-5002 PG&E Information Line is that:  be expecting an "extended outage" with no end date mentioned.  Wanna take bets???  Fortunately I had been at my daughter's at a Wildtree Party, packing up ten 'pre-packaged' meals, so our dinner prepping needs are d-o-n-e.  Pull out the baggie of choice,  add a veggie and a starch and we're good to go.  Last night it was Spanish Style Garlic Shrimp; tonight Chipotle Lime Fajitas.  

Three cheers for a generator and a fireplace.  At 8.45 a.m., it's still only 57 in the house.  Should be up to 73 by the time we go to bed tonight.  Remember---we had lots of practice perfecting this warming skill in February---this time without snow.

I wish you all a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment