Monday, November 29, 2010

HAVE YOU TAKEN ADVANTAGE OF THE COMMUNITY CENTER'S 24/7 WIRELESS INTERNET ???

I have been without internet service for about 8 days, once the snows arrived.  This morning I called WildBlue, my satellite internet provider, and got it all fixed.  Rather than snow in the trees, which I thought in my ignorance was the problem, it was my wireless router that lost the IP address.  So.......if you're ever without your internet up here for an extended period of time, call your provider sooner rather than later!

All that said, we have a wonderful resource here in Mi Wuk:  the 24/7 wireless internet sitting right inside our Community Center/Lending Library on Sierra Park Drive.  I sat out there yesterday, for about an hour, and got somewhat caught up on my email.

I want to thank Judy Schuster for bringing some items for the MAHA Christmas Gathering which will be this coming Saturday, December 4th, 2-4 p.m.   Due to the weather, she left them at the Fire Station with my name on the boxes--great idea.  Also thanks to Dan and Carol Heenan and soon-to-be-new residents, the Zbins for their nice comments about this blog.  AND for asking questions,  the answers for which I realize should be shared with all residents.

Today's weather:  SUNSHINE.   33 degrees at 11.15 a.m.  It would be nice if some of this snow could melt before the next storm arrives.

Just one of the many oak branches that fell on our property.

This morning's sunshine.  
You'll see photos from this vantage point frequently since they highlight hillside, snow level and the British phone box my husband built for me several years ago.


Comments or questions?  Either e-mail me directly, blythek@mac.com, or leave a comment below and I'll get an answer for you.  Thanks for reading and following the Mi Wuk Homeowners Association Blog.  



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting pictures! This helps a lot! We'll be on our way up tomorrow evening. We knew there was snow but had no idea there was that much. I hope we can get into our driveway! Glad to hear the power is back on. We hope to see everyone at the MAHA Christmas Gathering on Saturday.

    Rene

    ReplyDelete