Sunday, August 3, 2014

IT'S BEEN AWHILE

I'm sorry I haven't posted here for at least a month but..........
1- it's been a wild month and
2- Google, owner of this blogspot blog decided to make some huge changes which included changing all of MY sign in information.  What the heck??????  It has taken me some time to rearrange and reconstruct MY sign in info.

What I was unable to post was information about the Chili Cook Off and Craft Fair which happened at the Mi Wuk Sugar Pine Fire Station yesterday!   I tried!

A new fire apparatus (to us) drove into the parking area around 11 a.m.  It was purchased from the Ashland, Oregon department and will fulfill some gaps in what our station has been able to do.  It also has a smaller turning space and can go up some streets that our current engines/apparatus can not.  It was purchased at a great price and one of the current older model engines has been retired.






Inside the apparatus bays, 6 cooks worked on their own chili concoctions.  When I get the official information I'll let you know the winners' names.  In the meantime, here's my sweetie's station:


And out in the parking area were the craft booths.  I only have a photo of mine so that's what I'll share.  It was 94 degrees in Sugar Pine which might explain my lack of other photos.  If you don't know it, I have taught rubber stamp art for the past 18 years as a demonstrator for Stampin' Up!, a now international manufacturer of many things rubber and related.




My decision for yesterday's booth was to show the variety of things that can be created with artistic rubber stamps and related supplies.  The variety is from A-Z, finished hand-stamped cards to Project Life Memory Keeping to 3-D decorative items.  And much much more.  You can find out more about how I spend my 'spare time' here.


Coming in September:  a new blog location and much shorter url/blog address.  Stay tuned.  I'll be able to have links to local establishments in the sidebar and more.  I'm excited!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment