Thursday, November 3, 2011

WHAT A POTLUCK!

Huge kudos must be extended to ALVENA LEAL and her helpers for coordinating the most well-attended Auxiliary Potluck (and Bingo) event at the Mi Wuk-Sugar Pine Fire Station in years!!!!

I think, in the excitement and amazement, NO ONE took a photo!  If you do have one, let me know so I can put it up here on our blog.

The theme was a Thanksgiving Dinner.  The request was to bring side dishes for a Thanksgiving Dinner.  Over 70 residents and a few guests flooded the room (which was filled to capacity), and we socialized, laughed, reunited and just had a great time.  And the food!  It was delicious and I challenge any restaurant to create tastier treats!  My husband, Russ's, comment:  These people know how to cook.  So true!

Thank you Alvena, for phoning everyone on the roster, rousing such a fabulous turn out and coordinating this event -- with heart.  It was an amazing evening. 


No comments:

Post a Comment